Installing a sprinkler system may seem like a daunting task, but with a bit of planning and preparation you can install a sprinkler system which will have your lawn looking healthy and green in no time. One of the benefits of living in Florida is that we get beautiful sunshine and warm weather all year round and Florida weather is ideal for avid gardeners who love growing plants, flowers, trees, shrubs and more. Here’s a beginners guide to installing a sprinkler system:
- Draw a diagram of your lawn and the areas you want to irrigate. This will help you decide where to place the sprinkler heads around your property.
- Divide the entire area you want to be irrigated into zones. One zone is typically 1,200 square feet, as this is the average reach of a single sprinkler head.
- Select which type of sprinkler heads you want to use for each zone. For example, you may be interested in a Hunter sprinkler system for your front lawn, while an Orbit sprinkler system may work better in your back yard. If you’re unsure about which type of sprinkler system will work best, please consult with a professional who can offer you advice.
- Using small lawn flags. Place a flag at the location of each sprinkler head and chart the path to where your main water supply will be.
- You’ll then need to dig a ditch along your irrigation lines and install pipes and sprinkler heads. This process may be a bit complicated and we recommend partnering with a team of professionals to ensure it’s done correctly.
Professionals can also help you check for any leaks or areas of your lawn which are receiving too much or too little water. Perhaps you have a vision of how you want your sprinkler system to look, but you just need help executing your plan.
Keep Your Property Looking Lush With a Lawn Sprinkler System
For more information about how to install a sprinkler system, if you would like to know more about sprinkler system costs, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you.